April 22, 2014
Healthy Vending at Work: Seven Healthier Ways to Quench Your Thirst
- Water – The purest drink. Water has nothing artificial – colors, flavors, etc. It does wonders for the body, and you are supposed to drink 8 glasses a day. Enjoy!
- Enhanced Waters – While most of these waters do contain sugar or sugar-equivalents, they are enhanced with a mixture of vitamins and minerals. Many brands do have zero-calorie options, too. Flavors are based on your desired health benefit such as Vitamin C, Added Energy, Focus, and Essential Vitamins. Each has a different mix of vitamins and minerals and they usually provide a significant amount of the recommended daily allowance.
- Milk – A single cup of skim milk only has 83 calories, zero fat, 1/6 of your daily protein, and about 1/3 of your daily calcium needs. That’s a lot of benefits with very little calories!
- Fruit and Vegetable Smoothies – Naked Juice comes to mind, but V-8 and others also have great tasting fruit drinks boosted with vegetables. These drinks claim “No Sugar Added” but because of nature of fruits, they do have a high-sugar content. However, they contain multiple fruit servings, are fat-free and pack a lot of vitamins A, B and C and minerals.
- Tea – Be sure to choose “Unsweetened,” and you will be refreshed with zero calories. Plus, tea is rich in antioxidants, which can benefit your heart and may even help fight cancer.
- Fresh Fruit – Eating a fresh orange just looks good, smells good, and tastes great! It’s refreshing, low-calorie, high in vitamins and fiber and will quench your thirst better than a cola. Plus, your hands will smell fresh for hours.
- Diet and Ten Calorie Sodas – Zero-calorie drinks are made entirely with artificial sweeteners such as aspartame and acesulfame potassium, where ten-calorie beverages have a touch of high-fructose corn syrup in them to reduce the “artificial” flavor or aftertaste.
Company Kitchen is a revolutionary micro market that provides employees more variety of food and drink and fresher, healthier options 24/7. CK offers all the above choices and more. Best of all, installing a Company Kitchen is FREE, and employees love the increased selection and convenience. To get more information, visit the Get Started With CK page.